Welcome all new and returing students!
Chancellor Dubois to retire from UNC Charlotte effective June 30, 2020. Now in his fifteenth year as Chancellor and with eight years served as President of the University of Wyoming, Dubois is one of the nation’s most experienced CEOs in higher education. He is the senior Chancellor in the UNC System.
Lee College of Engineering’s Long Relationship with Fleet Readiness Center East...94 engineering alumni currently employed!!
OSDS welcomes a new Assistant Dean for Student Experiences and Director of OSDS. Dr. Cathy Blat rejoined OSDS on July 1st. Dr. Blat is an alum from the College of Engineering and was essential in the OSDS start up over 20 years ago! We are thrilled to have
her return and look forward to her leadership.
- The Lee College of Engineering announces its fall 2019 picnic date. Friday, Sept. 27th will be the day for our students and alumni to network and connect with our awesome engineering employers! Online registration for employers begins May 6th. Students and alumni do not need to register for this event but save the date! This event ONLY happens ONCE A YEAR!! Rain or Shine! Visit the picnic link for more details.
- The University Career Center will host a general job fair on Sept. 13th. More information at their website www.career.uncc.edu. This event is open to all majors and employers.
- Congrats to EE alum, Ryan Kennedy, PE, and the CEO of Atom Power. Read his success story here!
- The Lee College of Engineering congratulated several faculty and staff on their recent retirements. Including Ms. Billie Jo Schweitzer who has spent over a decade and a half welcoming and assisting students (and many others) as the smiling face of OSDS. We wish only the best as Ms. Schweitzer begins to enjoy her 6 Saturdays and a a Sunday!
- Despite the rainy weather, several hundred College of Engineering students graduated on Saturday, May 11th. We wish them all the best as they embark on the next chapter of their life! Congratulations to all who worked so hard to reach this milestone. Pictures are here!
- Congrats to our Seniors as they presented their Final Projects at the Spring 2019 Sr. Design Expo. The Rocket Team soared to the top taking the William Heybruck first place spot!
- It always great seeing our alumni in action. 2016 BSME alum, Daniel Steel (pictured below) demonstrated how he performs certain material testing at Element Materials Testing Labs, located in SW Charlotte. Thanks to Joe, Bill and Daniel for the tours!
- Engineering professor among 2019 UNC BOG teaching award winners
- EPIC, Energy Production and Infrastructure Center has a great video to showcase what this awesome center has to offer and how it is helping solve the today's energy issues. They also offer a first class speaker series on a variety of topics for students and alumni!
- The College of Engineering hosted a special Engineers' Week Takeover Day for alumni and their families at Discovery Place! Current College of Engineering students will lead STEM activities and demonstrations throughout the venue.
- Future 49ers, check out our virtual tour of our facilities!
- December 2018; the College bid farewell to a legend! Dr. Patty Tolley, PE was honored by the college for her 23 years of years of service. Dr. Tolley is the Associate Dean for the College of Engineering, a faculty member in the ETGR program and an alumnus. Dr. Tolley has successfully started and grown several key programs in the Office of Student Development and Success (OSDS) such as the FLC, MAPS, Engage ME, WE Engage and the Leadership Academy.
Learn more about our ENGAGE ME program! Engage ME, which stands for Engage Multicultural Engineers, is a relatively new initiative within the Lee College of Engineering; the effort brings together students, faculty, professionals and alumni of all races, cultures and genders.
- Calling all proud 49er alum who have exciting news to share, just visit: 49eralumni.uncc.edu or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more news visit the College's News website.