- Congrats to EE alum, Ryan Kennedy, PE, and the CEO of Atom Power. Read his success story here!
- The Lee College of Engineering congratulated several faculty and staff on their recent retirements. Including Ms. Billie Jo Schweitzer who has spent over a decade and a half welcoming and assisting students (and many others) as the smiling face of OSDS. Whether you needed a room in Smith unlocked, needed to find out who your advisor was or how to sign up for an Info. Session, Ms. Schweitzer provided the answer. We wish only the best as Ms. Schweitzer begins to enjoy her 6 Saturdays and a a Sunday!
- Despite the rainy weather, several hundred College of Engineering students graduated on Saturday, May 11th. We wish them all the best as they embark on the next chapter of their life! Congratulations to all who worked so hard to reach this milestone. Pictures are here!
- Congrats to our Seniors as they presented their Final Projects at the Spring 2019 Sr. Design Expo. The Rocket Team soared to the top taking the William Heybruck first place spot!
- The Lee College of Engineering announces its fall 2019 picnic date. Friday, Sept. 27th will be the day for our students and alumni to network and connect with our awesome engineering employers! Online registration for employers begins May 6th. Students and alumni do not need to register for this event but save the date! This event ONLY happens ONCE A YEAR!! Rain or Shine! Visit the picnic link for more details.
- The University Career Center will host a general job fair on Sept. 13th. More information at their website www.career.uncc.edu. This event is open to all majors and employers.
- It always great seeing our alumni in action. 2016 BSME alum, Daniel Steel (pictured below) demonstrated how he performs certain material testing at Element Materials Testing Labs, located in SW Charlotte. Thanks to Joe, Bill and Daniel for the tours!
- Engineering professor among 2019 UNC BOG teaching award winners
- EPIC, Energy Production and Infrastructure Center has a great video to showcase what this awesome center has to offer and how it is helping solve the today's energy issues. They also offer a first class speaker series on a variety of topics for students and alumni!
- The College of Engineering hosted a special Engineers' Week Takeover Day for alumni and their families at Discovery Place! Current College of Engineering students will lead STEM activities and demonstrations throughout the venue.
- Future 49ers, check out our virtual tour of our facilities!
- STUDENTS: The NinerScholars portal is now open and accepting applications for the 2019/2020 academic year. In order to access the portal you can go to scholarships.uncc.edu. The deadline for applications does vary therefore please make note of the date for each scholarship you apply for. Applicants should regularly check their UNC Charlotte email for award notification and other scholarship information. If you have any questions related to scholarships please contact the University Scholarship Office at 704-687-5871.
The College bid farewell to a legend! Dr. Patty Tolley, PE was honored by the college for her 23 years of years of service. Dr. Tolley is the Associate Dean for the College of Engineering, a faculty member in the ETGR program and an alumnus. Dr. Tolley has successfully started and grown several key programs in the Office of Student Development and Success (OSDS) such as the FLC, MAPS, Engage ME, WE Engage and the Leadership Academy. Under her direction, both the ISL Senior Design and Professional Development programs have grown significantly! She will be missed dearly by all. The College's OSDS faculty and staff shared a final celebration with Dr. Tolley this past December.
Learn more about our ENGAGE ME program! Engage ME, which stands for Engage Multicultural Engineers, is a relatively new initiative within the Lee College of Engineering; the effort brings together students, faculty, professionals and alumni of all races, cultures and genders.
- Calling all proud 49er alum who have exciting news to share, just visit: 49eralumni.uncc.edu or email firstname.lastname@example.org
To view more news visit the College's News website.