- The annual fall Women's Luncheon will take place on Friday, Sept. 28th. Free for students but rsvp is required. Special thanks to our partners at Corning for providing support for this event. Students will be able to hear from and interact with several Engineering Leaders from Corning during and after the luncheon.
- Our sold out fall picnic is set for Friday, Oct. 12th. Learn more at the Picnic Link.
- We are excited to host a free education and networking event on Wednesday Oct. 24, 2018 entitled "Creating & Developing More Diverse Engineering Leaders". (Event timeline: 2:00 check in, 3:00 programming, 7:00 closing remarks). Open to all College of Engineering students, alumni and all industry folks (women and underrepresented minority males are especially encouraged to attend). RSVP is required....learn more and register on Eventbrite or at mfgday.com. Thank you to our gracious supporters and guest speakers: Sealed Air, Commscope, Corning, NAVAIR, Daimler Corp. and SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers).
- Mock Interviews for 330+ juniors and seniors: Friday, 11/2 & 11/16 industry volunteers are needed! Please let us know if you are interested.
Spring 2018 Special Professional Development Events:
- Special congratulations to all our May 2018 graduates!
- Congrats to all the Seniors who participated in the May 3rd, Senior Design Expo. Special congrats to the award winners and a huge thanks to our industry and faculty supporters-we could not have done this without you!
- Thanks to CTE (Carolina Tractor & Equipment) for hosting several College of Engineering Faculty and Staff at their LiftOne Facility and their Carolina CAT Facility on March 26th. Faculty and Staff were able to get an inside look into the 4 divisions of CTE and discuss all the potential future collaborations. The college is looking forward to partnering with CTE on future endeavors! Thank you to the great folks at Carolina CAT who hosted their April 24th "Conversations With Carolina CAT" program for over three dozen of our students! Thanks to all the students who attended.
- March 15th: Special thanks to the awesome folks at Fontaine Modification for hosting about two dozen of our students for their annual spring "Dinner and Learn" event. Students were able to get up close and personal with a variety of engineering and technology projects the company is working on at their Charlotte facility.
Celebrating E-Week / Month!
- Feb. 10th: As part of Discovery Place's "Year of the Engineer" students from the Lee College of Engineering took over the Charlotte educational museum to teach kids about problem solving! View pictures under "Current News".
- Feb. 11th: The Lee College of Engineering was proud to hosted over two dozen middle school students as our student volunteers helped them with interactive engineering projects as part of Charlotte Jack and Jill of America program!
- Feb. 13th: The University Career Center hosted Day 1 (STEM Day) of their spring job fair where over 100+ employers came out to talk wtih STEM majors!
- Feb. 19th: Ingersoll Rand hosted a Lunch and Learn and Tour at their Davidson Campus for interested students. We had a wonderful visit, thank you to the great folks at Ingersoll Rand!
- Feb. 22nd: Several Lee College of Engineering students volutneered their time to help run small, self-contained engineering activity booths throughout the museum during the day. Several booths were scattered throughout contained areas of Discovery Place where “random acts of engineering’ were enjoyed by the students. Volunteers demonstrated and helped middle school students that came to their booth with a specific engineering activity. Example engineering activities included: Rocket Balloon Racing, Flinker, Paper Bridges, pop-fly catapult, and more. NCEES (National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying) is the lead sponsor of the DiscoverE Engineers Week 2018 in February. To celebrate Engineers Week (Eweek), NCEES is collaborated with select science centers and museums across the country to host different engineering events and screenings of the engineering-themed film ‘Dream Big’ in IMAX.
- Feb. 22nd: The Professional Chapter of Women in Manufacturing-North Carolina Chapter hosted an evening social and tour with some outstanding speakers at NoDa Brewery. To see future events, visit WiM North Carolina or contact Linda Thurman
- To the industry representatives who particpated in the Feb. 5th Employer-Student Panel on Diversity, sponsored by SHPE, NBSE, and SWE and the College's Engage Me Program.
- To all the awesome Civil Engineering companies who attending the Celebrate and Explore Civil Engineering Day on Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018. The event was sponsored by the Civil and Enviornmental Engineering Dept.
The Univeristy Career Center is a great resource for employers as well. Post jobs on their interactive online Hire a Niner database. Please visit: career.uncc.edu to learn more. Their website also has all the 2018-2019 Job Fairs.
- Thanks to all the employers who are participating in this educational event for Spring 2018.
- Carolina CAT, City of Charlotte, Corning, Doosan, Duke Energy, Framatome, Genpak, Ingersoll Rand, LaBella Associates, LandDesign, Livingston & Haven, NAVAIR, Optima Engineering, Ramey Kemp & Associates, Rockwell Automation, Schaeffler, Siemens, Software Toolbox, Stabilus, Turner Construction, United Technologies Corp, and Urban Design Partners.
- This is a great opportunity to identify some early talent since students self-select the employers.
- Was held on Friday, Sept. 29th. Thanks to all who came out to make it the largest yet. Visit the picnic link for general information. Join us on Friday, Oct. 12, 2018 for this grand event!
- Mock Interviews for junior and senior ENGR and ETCM students enrolled in the Multi-Disciplinary Professional Development Course: thanks to all those who are participating this spring and fall semesters: ABB-Baldor Electric Company, AREVA, Booth & Associates, LLS, Bosch Rexroth, Cardno Inc., Carrier- United Technologies Corp., City of Charlotte, Corning, Daimler, Dixon Quick Coupling, Duke Energy, Harper Corporation, Ingersoll Rand, LaBella Associates, LandDesign, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Little, Livingston & Haven, NASCENT Technology, NAVAIR, Newell Company, Niagara, Perficient, Ramey Kemp & Associates, Rockwell Automation, Schaeffler Group, Schneider Electric, Siemens Energy, Software Toolbox, Stabilus, Storm Technologies, Summit Engineering, Labs & Testing, Talbert, Bright & Ellington, Trutegra, Turner Construction and Urban Design Partners.
Special Professional Development Events:
Thank you all for helping us Celebrate Mfg. Day! We hosted the 1st annual Women in Manufacturing Day Long Summit: Entitled: Chipping Away at the Glass Ceiling and Stereotypes: An educational, inspiring and networking event focusing on current and future Women Engineers in Manufacturing at UNC Charlotte on Tuesday, Oct. 10th. The STEM and diversity-focused event was free to attend. Read and see highlights from the summit: Charlotte Business Journal and UNC Charlotte's Communication Office and please view some event pictures (agenda and program with speaker bios). Thanks to our Keynote speaker, Gloria Toney, Sealed Air, Executive Director of R & D Medical Solutions. A wonderful special welcome was by Mike Molnar, founding director of the Office of Adv. Mfg. at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Thanks to our awesome event supporters: Sealed Air, Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME), Corning, Schaeffler, Daimler Corp., NAVAIR, Commscope, United Technologies Corp., Schweitzer Engineering Labs and Stabilus!