Spring 2018 Events:
Special Professional Development Events:
- April 13th, Etiquette Dinner for Students, Alumni and Employers sponsored by the Career Center.
- May 3rd, Senior Design Expo....open to all. Visitor parking available in the Cone Deck or Union Deck.
- May 11th: Order of the Engineering Ceremony-For the class of 2018, Register by 4/2 in Smith 228 or Duke 310. Engineering majors only. Questions can be emailed to Mrs. McIlwaine. Cost is $10 for the ring. Family and Friends are welcome. Business attire required.
- March 15th: Special thanks to the awesome folks at Fontaine Modification for hosting about two dozen of our students for a "Dinner and Learn" event. Students were able to get up close and personal with a variety of engineering and technology projects the company is working on at their Charlotte facility.
Celebrating E-Week / Month!
- Feb. 10th: As part of Discovery Place's "Year of the Engineer" students from the Lee College of Engineering took over the Charlotte educational museum to teach kids about problem solving! View pictures under "Current News".
- Feb. 11th: The Lee College of Engineering was proud to hosted over two dozen middle school students as our student volunteers helped them with interactive engineering projects as part of Charlotte Jack and Jill of America program!
- Feb. 13th: The University Career Center hosted Day 1 (STEM Day) of their spring job fair where over 100+ employers came out to talk wtih STEM majors!
- Feb. 19th: Ingersoll Rand hosted a Lunch and Learn and Tour at their Davidson Campus for interested students. We had a wonderful visit, thank you to the great folks at Ingersoll Rand!
- Feb. 22nd: Several Lee College of Engineering students volutneered their time to help run small, self-contained engineering activity booths throughout the museum during the day. Several booths were scattered throughout contained areas of Discovery Place where “random acts of engineering’ were enjoyed by the students. Volunteers demonstrated and helped middle school students that came to their booth with a specific engineering activity. Example engineering activities included: Rocket Balloon Racing, Flinker, Paper Bridges, pop-fly catapult, and more. NCEES (National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying) is the lead sponsor of the DiscoverE Engineers Week 2018 in February. To celebrate Engineers Week (Eweek), NCEES is collaborated with select science centers and museums across the country to host different engineering events and screenings of the engineering-themed film ‘Dream Big’ in IMAX.
- Feb. 22nd: The Professional Chapter of Women in Manufacturing-North Carolina Chapter is hosted an evening social and tour with some outstanding speakers at NoDa Brewery. To see future events, visit WiM North Carolina or contact Linda Thurman
- To the industry representatives who particpated in the Feb. 5th Employer-Student Panel on Diversity, sponsored by SHPE, NBSE, and SWE and the College's Engage Me Program.
- To all the awesome Civil Engineering companies who attending the Celebrate and Explore Civil Engineering Day on Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018. The event was sponsored by the Civil and Enviornmental Engineering Dept.
The Univeristy Career Center is a great resource for employers as well. Post jobs on their interactive online Hire a Niner database. Please visit: career.uncc.edu to learn more. Their website also has all the Spring 2018 Job Fairs.
- Thanks to all the employers who are participating in this educational event for Spring 2018 (Feb. 2 and Feb. 16) on 10am-3pm, Lucas Room, Cone Center Building. Visitor parking available in the Cone Deck.
- Carolina CAT, City of Charlotte, Corning, Doosan, Duke Energy, Framatome, Genpak, Ingersoll Rand, LaBella Associates, LandDesign, Livingston & Haven, NAVAIR, Optima Engineering, Ramey Kemp & Associates, Rockwell Automation, Schaeffler, Siemens, Software Toolbox, Stabilus, Turner Construction, United Technologies Corp, and Urban Design Partners.
- This is a great opportunity to identify some early talent since students self-select the employers.
Was held on Friday, Sept. 29th. Thanks to all who came out to make it the largest yet. Visit the picnic link for general information. Date for fall 2018 to be secured by late April/early May!
- Mock Interviews for junior and senior ENGR and ETCM students enrolled in the Multi-Disciplinary Professional Development Course: thanks to all those who are participating this spring and fall semesters: ABB-Baldor Electric Company, AREVA, Booth & Associates, LLS, Bosch Rexroth, Cardno Inc., Carrier- United Technologies Corp., City of Charlotte, Corning, Daimler, Dixon Quick Coupling, Duke Energy, Harper Corporation, Ingersoll Rand, LaBella Associates, LandDesign, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Little, Livingston & Haven, NASCENT Technology, NAVAIR, Newell Company, Niagara, Perficient, Ramey Kemp & Associates, Rockwell Automation, Schaeffler Group, Schneider Electric, Siemens Energy, Software Toolbox, Stabilus, Storm Technologies, Summit Engineering, Labs & Testing, Talbert, Bright & Ellington, Trutegra, Turner Construction and Urban Design Partners.
Special Professional Development Events:
Thank you all for helping us Celebrate Mfg. Day! We hosted the 1st annual Women in Manufacturing Day Long Summit: Entitled: Chipping Away at the Glass Ceiling and Stereotypes: An educational, inspiring and networking event focusing on current and future Women Engineers in Manufacturing at UNC Charlotte on Tuesday, Oct. 10th. The STEM and diversity-focused event was free to attend. Read and see highlights from the summit: Charlotte Business Journal and UNC Charlotte's Communication Office and please view some event pictures (agenda and program with speaker bios). Thanks to our Keynote speaker, Gloria Toney, Sealed Air, Executive Director of R & D Medical Solutions. A wonderful special welcome was by Mike Molnar, founding director of the Office of Adv. Mfg. at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). Thanks to our awesome event supporters: Sealed Air, Society of Manufacturing Engineering (SME), Corning, Schaeffler, Daimler Corp., NAVAIR, Commscope, United Technologies Corp., Schweitzer Engineering Labs and Stabilus!
For more information about these events, contact Linda Thurman at 704-687-5024.