- Thursday, April 11th we welcome Northrup Grumman Synoptics as they host their "Get to know us" meeting. EPIC 3226, 10:30-11:30 am. RSVP is not required by appreciated to Linda Thurman.
- The 2019 UNC Charlotte International Women's Day Celebration will take place on Thursday, March 28, 2019 from 3:30- 5:00pm in the Student Union Multipurpose Room. This year we will welcome H.E. Audrey Marks, the Jamaican Ambassador to the United States. The title of the ambassador's presentation will be "Women’s Economic Empowerment – A benefit for all."
- Special thanks to Fontaine Modification for hosting over two dozen of our MEGR and MET students during their bi-annual Dinner & Learn this past Tuesday, March 19th. Students were able to learn more about the types of projects and engineering that Fontaine has at their North Charlotte facility as well as hear about internships and full time opportunities!
- E-Week lives on, students and alumni can register for weekly FREE webinars from March 6-April 3.
- Students and Alumni- Order of the Engineering for Engineering Majors will take place on Friday, May 10, 2019 at 3pm in EPIC G-256. For details and information please contact Ms. McIlwaine at 704-687-1995. Cost of ring is $15.00.
- Employers.... thank you for your response to our spring 2019 Mock Interview Day for our junior and senior students in the Professional Development course.
- Huge thanks to Sealed Air for this opportunity as they host a Women Rising Event on Wed. March 27th from 9-3. The Career Center is co-sponsoring this awesome event and will provide transportation. COENGR female students can rsvp using this link. Once again, this event is ONLY open to females at this time. For questions, please contact Ms. Corkery directly.
Mock Interviews were a huge success for 330+ juniors and seniors. Thank you to our industry volunteers: ABB, Booth & Associates, LLC, Charlotte Water, City of Charlotte-DOT, Corning Optical Communications, Duke Energy, Framatome, HDR Engineering, Haskell, Ingersoll Rand, Intelligent Design Engineering, Little, Livingston & Haven, NAVAIR, Niagara, Orano, QuEST Global, Software Toolbox, Storm Technologies, The Whiting-Turning Contracting Company, Rockwell Automation, Schaeffler, Siemens, and Verizon Wireless. This was a great opportunity to identify some early talent since students self-select the employers. The 2019 spring dates are March 29th and April 5th. Please contact Linda Thurman if you are interested in participating!
Fontaine Modification played host to over three dozen engineering and engineering technology students during their bi-annual "Dinner & Learn". Fontaine engineers lead small groups of students throughout the facility to gain an up close and personal experience with the different engineering projects. Fontaine offers internships and full-time opportunities.
Over 100 folks were in attendance for our free educational and networking event on Wednesday Oct. 24, 2018 entitled "Creating & Developing More Diverse Engineering Leaders". Thank you to our gracious supporters and OUTSTANDING guest speakers: Sealed Air, Commscope, Corning, NAVAIR, Daimler Corp. and SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers). View the EVENT PROGRAM with speaker bios here. Check out a few pics from the event!