- 2/20 Alumni Panel Discussion: POST-PONED due to potential bad weather. Please check back for details.
- Fontaine Modification will host their bi-annual Dinner & Learn for interested College of Engineering majors on Wed. March 11th. RSVP is required and space is limited.
- The University Career Center will be hosting an Etiquette Dinner on March 24th. Open to all interested students. Information is in Hire a Niner, under Career Events. Contact Abigail Brown if you have questions.
- 49ers at the Ballpark Get your tickets today, deadline to buy tickets is 3/1. Come support your Charlotte 49ers as we take on the NC State Wolfpack.
- Employers and COENGR Alumni: we need you to help us with our Professional Development Mock Interviews to be held March 13th and 20th from 11:30-3:30 pm. We will need of just a few more employers to participate. If you are interested or to sign up, please contact Linda Thurman or 704-687-5024. Thanks so much! There is no cost to participate.
- The Global Marathon is an annual series of engaging online discussions designed to connect, support, and empower women in engineering worldwide. Noon on Wednesdays starting March 11th. The five live weekly webinars are also available to download for on demand listening. Registration is required.
- The Order of the Engineer Ceremony for ENGINEERING seniors and graduates/alumni will be held on May 8 here at UNC Charlotte. However, you must register between 1/13-4/13.
Friday, December 6th was the date when our seniors presented their capstone projects at the Fall Design Expo. Congrats to all our students especially the winners.
Special thanks to Fontaine Modification who hosted 45+ College of Engineering students on 11/5 to showcase what they do at their North Charlotte facility as well as discuss job opportunities.
Thanks to our employers who participated in our Fall 2019 Mock Interview Day for our Professional Development course. ABB, Assa Abloy, Barrett Woodyard & Associates, Carrier Corp., Charlotte Water, City of Charlotte, Corning, Dixon Quick Coupling, Freightliner Custom Chassis, Haskell Company, Ingersoll Rand, InVue, Letourneau Enterprises, Livingston & Haven, NAVAIR, Niagara Bottling, Quest Global, Ramey Kemp & Associates, Rockwell Automation, RS&H, Siemens, Software Toolbox, Stabilus, Storm Technologies, Summit Companies, SynTerra Corporation, Terracon, The Whiting-Turner Company, TLV Corporation & Tower Engineering Professionals!
EPIC Innovator Competition is Open! - The program aims to identify and recognize entrepreneurial students and faculty with a focus on energy. Individuals or teams are invited to submit ideas, solutions, projects, technology concepts, or prototypes that they believe are worthy of further exploration. The program is looking for innovative ideas that help solve issues in the energy & power industry. We welcome technical and non-technical ideas and solutions. The competition is open to all UNC Charlotte students, both undergraduate and graduate.
Thanks to the great folks at Sealed Air for hosting a Women Rising event at their Global Corporate Headquarters this past October 25th. This event aims to empower women to grow their future careers by giving tools to advance their professional and leadership skills. This event included the opportunity to interact with senior leadership, participation in panel discussions, network with alumni, and more! To learn more about Sealed Air, check out their website at www.sealedair.com.
ENGAGE CO-OP Networking Night was a huge success. Thanks to the University Career Center for partnering with our College's Diversity Programs to host this employer-student networking event! Thank to all the awesome employers who took time out of their night to connect with our students.