- Students and Alumni- Order of the Engineering for Engineering Majors will take place on Friday, May 10, 2019 at 3pm in EPIC G-256. For details and information please contact Ms. McIlwaine at 704-687-1995. Cost of ring is $15.00.
- Employers.... we need your help! Friday, 3/29 and Friday, 4/5 are the two designated dates for our Mock Interview Day for our junior and senior students in the Professional Development course. If you are an employer who wishes to participate, please contact Linda Thurman, 704-687-5024. Thank you!
- Students- starting in February, the college's annual student SPART survey will be sent to your uncc email address, please take a few moments and complete the major specific survey. (Information collected is critical for our ABET accrediation which is EXTREMELY important for your degree). We thank you in advance for your assistance.
- Students- the Career Center will be hosting their 3rd Annual Etiquette and Networking Dinner on Monday, March 25, 2019, 5:00-7:30 pm. RSVP is required. For more information and to sign up please log into Hire a Niner. If you have any questions, contact Megan Corkery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Dept. of Civil & Environmental Engineering will host an job fair for students seeking internships, co-ops and full time jobs on 1/31 in the EPIC Building, lobby area. For event details, please contact Carmalita Govan.
- The Career Center will be hosting their Job Fair for STEM majors on Friday, February 15, 2019. Please visit the Career Center's Hire a Niner for more information. www.career.uncc.edu
Mock Interviews were a huge success for 330+ juniors and seniors. Thank you to our industry volunteers: ABB, Booth & Associates, LLC, Charlotte Water, City of Charlotte-DOT, Corning Optical Communications, Duke Energy, Framatome, HDR Engineering, Haskell, Ingersoll Rand, Intelligent Design Engineering, Little, Livingston & Haven, NAVAIR, Niagara, Orano, QuEST Global, Software Toolbox, Storm Technologies, The Whiting-Turning Contracting Company, Rockwell Automation, Schaeffler, Siemens, and Verizon Wireless. This was a great opportunity to identify some early talent since students self-select the employers. The 2019 spring dates are March 29th and April 5th. Please contact Linda Thurman if you are interested in participating!
Fontaine Modification played host to over three dozen engineering and engineering technology students during their bi-annual "Dinner & Learn". Fontaine engineers lead small groups of students throughout the facility to gain an up close and personal experience with the different engineering projects. Fontaine offers internships and full-time opportunities.
Over 100 folks were in attendance for our free educational and networking event on Wednesday Oct. 24, 2018 entitled "Creating & Developing More Diverse Engineering Leaders". Thank you to our gracious supporters and OUTSTANDING guest speakers: Sealed Air, Commscope, Corning, NAVAIR, Daimler Corp. and SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers). View the EVENT PROGRAM with speaker bios here. Check out a few pics from the event!