Spring 2021 highlights
- Congrats to our spring semester 2021 Co-op Seminar Virtual Presentation Competition winners: 1st: Alex Poslinski (EEGR)- Duke Energy, 2nd: Daniel Todd (MEGR)-Storm Technologies and 3rd: Viet Tran (EEGR) -TTI Flooring. Alex has also been nominated for the Cooperative Education and Internship Association's Co-op Student of the Year Award. To learn more about the co-op program visit the Career Center's website.
- Huge thanks to all our Prof. Dev. Course guest speakers who were so kind to share their knowledge & time with our students. Will Rice, PE, alum-Charlotte Water, Justin Marsh, PE alum-NC Ports, Sherri Camp-Daimler, Nahir Habet, alum-Atrium Health, David Evans-NC Board of Examiners, Charles Rose & Mick Hartz, alums-Blythe Construction, Walid Sobh, PE & Josh Bradshaw, PE, alums- ECS Southeast. Our panelists: Caitlin Higgins, alum-Talbert, Bright & Ellington, Alex Harwell, PE-Dewberry & John Weber-Software Toolbox. Thank you for your support!
- LIVE, starting 8am on May 7th, the Senior Design Expo will be virtual Visit: Upcoming Events | Industrial Solutions Lab | UNC Charlotte for the details. Congrats to all the May 2021 seniors who participated and the dept. and industry sponsors for their support and cooperation!
- The Office of Undergraduate Research launches the 2021 Virtual Undergraduate Research Conference and the conference officially opens Monday, April 12th
- Another awesome session: Casual Conversations with Alumni: BSME Alum, Christopher Bailey (MSME & MBA) from Leonardo DRS, spoke on his path into the Aerospace and Defense Industry. Thanks to al lthe students who were able to be logged on for this lunchtime webinar. Check out Christopher on Linked In to learn more!
- Thanks to all the dedicated employers who are participating in our spring Multi-disciplinary Professional Development's Virtual Mock Interviews on March 12th and 19th. Please contact Linda Thurman or 704-687-5024 if you are interested in our October 2021 dates. We will be doing a hybrid model (in person & virtual). There is no cost to participate and it is great PR!
For March 12th: City of Charlotte, Commscope, Corning, Daimler-FCCC, Dewberry-Raleigh, DiGioiaGray Consulting Engineers & Scientists, ECE Power, ECS Southeast, eFACTOR3, ESP Assoc., Froehling & Robertson, GKN Automotive, Impact Designs, Little Diversified Architectural Consulting, Livingston & Haven, LTD Inc., Nascent Technology, North State Development, QORVO, Ramey Kemp & Associates, Rockwell Automation, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL), Siemens, Software Toolbox, Specialized Engineering Solutions, TLV Corp., and WSP!
For March 19th: City of Charlotte, Collins Aerospace, Corning, Dewberry-Raleigh, DiGioiaGray Consulting Engineers & Scientists, ECS Southeast, HDR Engineering, Husqvarna, LandDesign, Livingston & Haven, LTD Inc., North State Development, Ramey Kemp & Associates, Rockwell Automation, Santee Cooper, Siemens, Specialized Engineering Solutions, Talbot & Associates Consulting Engineers, TLV Corp.,Westinghouse Electric Company, and WSP!
- Students: watch these quality on demand webinars produced by Global Marathon Agenda | DiscoverE Engineering
Fall 2020: recap.....
- Sr. Design Expo was virtual and held on Dec. 17th, Visit: Upcoming Events | Industrial Solutions Lab | UNC Charlotte for the details. Congrats to all the seniors who participated and the dept and industry sponsors for their support and cooperation!
- Special thanks to all those who attended the "Casual Conversations with Alumni" series on Nov. 18th, We hosted BSME alum, David Carr. David is the SRT Vehicle Dynamics Performance Engineer and works at the Chelsea Proving Grounds, in Michigan for Fiat Chrysler. If you could not attend but would like a copy of the recording please contact Linda Thurman. Students interested in internships or full time jobs with Fiat Chrysler use this link.
- Special thanks to those who attended our 'Casual Conversations with Alumni' series on Oct. 23rd where we featured, 2013 BSME alum, Stephen O'Flynn O'Brien, PE who is with US Forensic. Stephen discussed his career, becoming a PE and how he made the transition into forensic engineering. Q & A to follow in this Zoom Webinar. The recording & discussions and be view here.
- HUGE thanks to all the 53+ employer representatiaves who participated in our virtual FALL mock interviews. For Spring 2021: save the dates...Friday, March 12th and 19th.
- For Senior Design updates, please visit their website for the latest and greatest on project submission and ONLINE expo dates.
- An interesting and hopefully useful website for our female students: check out She Can STEM
- As part of Gold Rush Week, Wed. Sept. 9th, College of Engineering students were invited to participate in our 'Casual Conversations with Alumni' series: Mr. Todd Merkel, BSME who works for Ford Motor Company and Ms. Jutien Hsieh, PE and BSEE and MBA who runs the Charlotte Office for Booth & Assoc., a critical player in the energy industry. Students: a recording of the WebEx session is posted on DropBox. HUGE thanks to Jutien and Todd for taking their time and sharing their knowledge and experiences! Visit the Gold Rush Schedule on the website for upcoming programming.