Fall 2017 Events
Fall Picnic: Friday, Sept. 29th please visit the picnic link for more information.
Help us Celebrate Mfg. Day! As we host the Women in Manufacturing Day Long Summit: Entitled: Chipping Away at the Glass Ceiling and Stereotypes: An educational, inspiring and networking event focusing on current and future Women Engineers in Manufacturing. To be held at UNC Charlotte on Tuesday, Oct. 10th in the Student Activity Center-3rd floor Salons. Registration is FREE and now open via EventBrite. Open to men and women who are from the mfg. sector. Event agenda Keynote speaker, Gloria Toney, Sealed Air, Executive Director of R & D Medical Solutions
Professional Development In Person Mock Interviews: Please see below.
The Career Center is a great resource for employers as well. Post jobs on their interactive online Hire a Niner database. Please visit: www.career.uncc.edu to learn more. Their website also had the Fall 2017 Job Fair Info.!
SPRING 2017 Events:
- Mock Interviews for junior and senior ENGR and ETCM students enrolled in the Multi-Disciplinary Professional Development Course: thanks to all those who are participating this semester: AREVA, Baldor Electric Company, Booth & Associates, LLS, Bosch Rexroth, Cardno Inc., Carrier- United Technologies Corp., City of Charlotte, Dixon Quick Coupling, Duke Energy, Harper Corporation, Ingersoll Rand, LandDesign, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, NAVAIR, Niagara Water, Rockwell Automation, Schaeffler Group USA, Schneider Electric, Software Toolbox, Stabilus, and Storm Technologies.
- If your company is interested in participating in this free educational event for Fall 2017 (Oct. 20 and Oct. 27) and or Spring 2018 (Feb. 2 and Feb. 16) please contact the course coordinator, contact Linda Thurman at 704-687-5024. (This is a great opportunity to identify some early talent since students self-select the employer they wish to do a practice interview with!) Employer commitment time is 10 am -3 pm. Location: Lucas Room, Cone Center.
Special Professional Development Events
- The College of Engineering in conjunction with the University Career Center and our valued employer partner, AREVA hosted the 2nd annual "Making a Positive and Powerful Impresssion" on the evening of Wednesday, January 25, 2017 for interested college of engineering students.Once again it was a very successful and educational event!
- Thanks to our valued partners at Fontaine who once again hosted interested about two dozen College of Engineering students during E-Week for a dinner and tour of their awesome facility!
Fall 2016 Events:
- Mock Interviews for junior and senior ENGR and ETCM students enrolled in the Multi-Disciplinary Professional Development Course were held on: Friday, Nov. 4 and Nov. 11, 2016. Thank you to those employers who participated in this opportunity: 3D Systems, Amphion Analytical Engineering, P.A., AREVA, Baldor/ABB Group, City of Charlotte, Corning, Dixon Quick Coupling, Endura Products, GE Power, Human Technologies, Ingersoll Rand, NAVAIR, Niagara Bottling, Rockwell Automation, SCANA, Schaeffler Group, Software Toolbox, Spiroflow Systems Inc., Stabilus, Storm Technologies, SUMMIT Engineering, Labs and Testing, Talbert, Bright & Ellington, Turner Construciton, Verzion Wireless, Waldbridge, and Wieland Coooper Products.
- The College's Industrial Senior Design Expo on 12/9 was a huge success and congrats to all the students who participated. See the winners, pictures and future event dates (next Expo, May 4, 2017) by visiting their website www.isl.uncc.edu
- The College of Engineering welcomed, Professional Engineer and SWE President, Angela M. Berry for the 8th annual "Life take Engineering with Strong Women" Lunch which was held Friday, October 21 at Hawthorne Residental Hall. Ms. Berry is currently employed with the City of Charlotte, Dept. of Transportation.
- An inspiring evening, the college along with support from IEEE's WIE division hosted Dr. Ilham Kadri, President of the Diversey Care Division of Sealed Air, a global leader in food safety and security, facility hygiene and product protection, on Monday, September 26, 2016. Dr. Kadri's amazing talk was enjoyed by all who attended!
- The 16th annual fall college picnic on Friday, Sept. 16, 2016 truly was our largest event yet. We thank all the employers, students, faculty, staff and volunteers for their time and efforts! We hope to see everyone back in 2017!
For more information about these events, contact Linda Thurman at 704-687-5024.